This is a tattoo design I was commissioned to do based on Harry Chapin’s “Cat’s in the Cradle”. It was a really fun and interesting piece to work on because I got to try some new techniques and styles with it.
I recently got commissioned by a really sweet queen who refers to herself as Mysti Dawn for an illustration of herself, and this is the end result. Of all the queens I’ve drawn, this particular illustration comes closest to looking like a Disney Princess stylistlcally and I kinda wanna keep that pattern going. Tee-hee.
To kick-start my commissions opening up, I’m throwing a small giveaway to boost the signal!
TELL ME ABOUT WHAT I’M IN FOR
- Tavros and Rose bust original illustrations. (They are pretty big; my tablet is a medium-sized intuos 4 and that sticker is only slightly bigger than a quarter.)
- A signed copy of my flower and skull print.
- 2 original commissions! Whaaaat?! Digital or traditional, your choice! One bust and one full-figure, fully-customizable. How luxurious. As a note, my traditionals can go up to 11x7 inches. Alternatively, you can trade in the two commissions for one mega-commission at 11x14 inches. Size isn’t everything, but it’s hella nice. I’d take that home to meet my parents.
- Y’all get 1 like and as many reblogs as you want. But don’t piss off your followers, that’s rude. Don’t be rude.
- No international this time, sorry. :c
- Winner will be chosen by random number generator. I’m gonna have a running list in word to keep track of things.
- Winner will be announced April 1st.
- If you don’t have an ask box open, I’m just going to pick the next person. Because dang, you don’t sign up for these things then give me no way to get a hold of you.
- Also you need to be able to give me an actual, physical address. If you can’t do that then, again, gonna go with the next person the generator picks.
Happy blogging! And for those who can’t wait, you are always welcome to commission me here. ;D wink wonk.
Hey hey, Hannako is doing an awesome giveaway! Y’all should check it out and enter for a chance to get some fabulous arrrtttt! :3
Nothing Bad Ever Happens to Me is still on a bit of a hiatus before I launch Chapter 3 (but not for long!!!)
In the meantime, I tried to…illustrate the capitol city. I had two color versions and I really like both of them. I did actually use the one on the left for a brief socio/political primer overview that I have posted inbetween chapters (similar to the map and monster references after chapter one)!
(Also if anyone noticed, I got rid of the “development blog” tumblr because everything I post there I post here anyway… Yay for unification.)
Here’s the finished ink piece of Alyssa from RPDR S5 E4! This was really tricky to compose because I mostly wanted her face, but also to incorporate the textures of her costume, and it wound up looking a little awkward with white around it so I added a black background to frame her in after I scanned it. Idek. Stupid art is stupid.
Jinkx Monsoon’s runway from RPDR S5 E3. Black and gray ink w/ some pink thrown onto it in Photoshop. Goodness do I love miss Jinkx.
I did a bunch of these all in one night, so they’re not as polished as they were from last year, but I’m still super stoked to be getting some RPDR art in between my projects, it feels so good!