My name is Anastasiya but I prefer to go by Ana. I’m 23 and live somewhere in the suburban outskirts of Seattle. I work as a manager and design and advertising coordinator at a small local restaurant chain. I like to make art and comics. In my free time I play tabletop games and paint miniatures, or I might be playing Pokemon or Skyrim. I have a particular fondness for certain drag and fashion aesthetics. I have clinical depression and anxiety, as well as borderline personality disorder and I am working on getting better. I love the philosophy of minimalism and I’m always trying to integrate it into my life. I have the most wonderful partner who is not only a tremendous support bu also a great creative influence, with whom I run a creative collective called Many Hats Online.
Random junk about me:
Favorite Movies: Saved!, The Forbidden Zone, Hayao Miyazaki films, The Last Unicorn, The Fountain, Kung Fu Hustle, The Fall, Cloud Atlas.
Favorite Music: Queen, Sage Francis, Coil, Ween, Firewater, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Black Sabbath, Massive Attack, Austra, Purity Ring, Sixteen Horsepower, Billy Joel.
Favorite Video Games: Pokemon (including the spin-offs), Final Fantasy, Professor Layton, The World Ends With You, Megaman, Okage, Clock Tower 3, Bioshock, Fallout/Elder Scrolls series.
Favorite Artists: Yoshitaka Amano, Albercht Durer, Gustav Klimt, Jen Wang, Dave McKean, Norman Rockwell.
Favourite Literature and Authors: All of Neil Gaiman’s work, classic folktales, fairytales, and mythology. The Last Samurai by Helen DeWitt (the one that has practically nothing to do with samurai), Rich Man, Poor Man, Great Expectations, magical realism.
Sources of Inspiration: Life in general, relationships, dreams, Pokemon, nature, intense emotions, music, and imagery, Rorschach inkblots, industrial decay.
Hopes and dreams for the future:
- Create and maintain a successful private freelance art/design business.
- Run a cafe that serves simple, delicious, and unique items and hosts local art and performances.
- Be more organized, prudent, and punctual. Constant self-improvement.
- Have a gothmobile.
- Travel more.
- Finish higher education and get a degree (or a handful).
- Publish books (more specifically, graphic novels).
- Have a place of residence with a bay window.
- ~*~*~Reach Nirvana~*~*~
- Be more physically, emotionally, and mentally fit.
- Try my hand at tattooing.
- Become better at managing my finances.
- Fly a plane.
- Go to the Phallological Museum. (DICKS EVERYWHERE!)
Still reading? Talk to me already!